Goa is known for its beaches and as a tourist destination in India. Soon it will join as one of India’s emerging IT Hub. Over last two years, the Goa state cabinet has been discussing to implement a policy which would generate IT jobs. The Goa state cabinet finally has approved the Information Technology Policy 2018 which promises to generate over 10,000 IT jobs in the next 5 years.
Rohan Khaunte, Goa’s IT minister, said “The policy will be one of the best decisions taken in the country. It will also offer unique incentives to different segments of the industries. “
The policy has been in discussion since last two years and will be officially launched in Panjim. The main focus of the policy is to reverse the migration trend where the labor is moving out of Goa into other states. The policy will ensure in positioning Goa as the best destination for IT Hub.
Manohar Parrikar, Chief Minister of Goa quite pleased with the proceedings said “Goa is taking a next big step into the digital world by launching the IT policy. Earlier due to lack of IT opportunities in state youth had no option but to leave in search of attractive job offers and incentives.Key Areas The Policy Will Focus
- Provide financial support for primary investments.
- Prioritize Goa as the best choice computer tech hub for any IT company’s investment.
- Introduce training programs in partnership with the state and industry.to enhance skill quotients.
- Standardize user experience for IT depositors.
- Familiarize a majority of the student population with advanced coding dexterity.
- Generate ample jobs for female IT professionals.
- Provide smooth governance.
- Introduce students to the ‘IT experience’ at the educational level.
- The policy, in general, will be responsible to provide infrastructure requirements for the technology park, incubation centers, training programs and incentives for domestic and International firms. Invitations will be sent out by the state government, to domestic and international companies to help them start a business in Goa.
The Goa state government will be providing incentives to the investing companies, where it will reimburse the lease rentals for the first six months of operation.
Goa has all the ingredients needed for it to become a developing healthy IT Hub. As it has a educated manpower, pleasant climate, and a brand name, as we all know it is always on the priority list of tourists. We think if the policy introduced is a success Goa is sure to make headlines as the newest IT Hub in India.