You should know how to change or update the WiFi hotspot password on your smartphone. With hackers on the prowl, the security of your wireless WiFi password becomes a major concern. It is important for you to set up a password for your WiFi hotspot to avoid any unauthorized access of data connection by others. It becomes easier and secure to share your data connection with other users connecting with you via Mac, PC, tablet or smart TV.
We would like to recommend users to frequently keep changing passwords of their email account, ATM, laptop, mobile phones on a regular interval of time. This will considerably decrease the chances of getting your password leaked.
Generally, we tend to share the WiFi passwords with our friends and family members to share the data connection. Though sharing a password with many people is a security threat and increases the chances of hacks and security breaches. Hence its advisable to follow the practice to change your WiFi password at regular time intervals. If you are a novice with setting up WiFi password, here is how to change or update the WiFi hotspot password on your smartphone.
How To Change Or Update The WiFi Hotspot Password On Your Smartphone
For Android Smartphones
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Wireless & Network and Tap on More.
- Go to Tethering & Portable hotspot option, Tap on the toggle next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot menu option.
- Tap on Setup Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Now you can change the hotspot name along with the password here.
We would like to mention most of the Android Devices come with the setting as we have mentioned. But in some smartphones, the hotspot option might be placed in the settings menu. You can see this in the case of Samsung smartphones the hotspot option is inside the connection settings.
For iPhone Smartphones
- Goto the Settings of the iPhone.
- Tap on Personal hotspot option and toggle it to turn it on.
- Confirm your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is on.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi password option and enter the password you wish to type.
Choosing The Right Password
It is important to choose a secure password, a simple password like a name, birthdate etc. can be easily guessed and cracked after random efforts on the part of the hackers. You should follow the best practice while setting up a secure password for your hotspot. Here are a few guidelines you can follow when you choose a secure password for their hotspot.
- Always Use an alphanumeric password.
- Avoid setting up your password using passwords like your pets name, birth date, house number, bike/cars number, your phone number, etc.
- It is good to use special characters which makes the password a bit more complex.