Latest WhatsApp Security Feature for iPhone can restrict people to read your messages who have access to your phone.
This simple but very important security feature allows iOS users to restrict people to read their messages. To enable this feature on your iPhone you need latest version 2.19.20 of WhatsApp
If you don’t have an updated version you can head over to the App Store and hit the update button confirm the version and you are good to go. The Android version of this feature will also be soon rolled out but Android users will need to wait till then.
Enable WhatsApp Security Feature for iPhone
- Open WhatsApp, Go to Settings Page
- Press the “Account” menu item
- Go to “Privacy” from within the new menu that appears.
- You will see a number of option available to govern how long it takes before WhatsApp needs re-authentication of WhatsApp
The type of iPhone you use will determine how you unlock WhatsApp. Users of iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR will see “Face ID”, while using the phones with a fingerprint scanner will get to see “Touch ID”
The “screen lock” comes with an option where you can have WhatsApp lock itself once you move to another app or you can select some different times. The option is set as off by default.
You should keep the option set to “immediately” as it becomes tedious to unlock WhatsApp each time you flip to a new app.
The latest feature will enable people who don’t want others to access their messages but are ok with them using their smartphones. With the feature turned on others can use your phone without them being able to access your WhatsApp messages.
- WhatsApp Tests Sticker Integration With Google Gboard
- WhatsApp Holiday Mode- Deliberately Stops Messages
- WhatsApp – Startup India WhatsApp Grand Challange Win Rs 1.8 Crore