Twitter Lite was released in around 21 countries back in April last year. It has now been expanded to yet another 24 countries making the total tally of 46 countries. This list also includes India. The main purpose of the app is to provide twitter service in locations where internet connectivity is poor. Twitter Lite allows users to access the app with minimal data usage and a faster loading speed on slower connections or unreliable networks.
The App can be downloaded on Google Play Store. The latest v2.0 offers several features like
- Data saver: This feature enables is helpful especially to users residing in locations where there is network congestion or issues related to data, bandwidth or device constraints. Using Twitter Lite you can enable Data Saver feature and limit which images and videos you want to load on your phone. The content can be access anytime later by hitting “Load image” or “Load video”. This feature will help save your money and data in real time.
- Built for 2G and 3G networks: The size of Twitter Lite is around 3MB which saves data, space and helps in loading quickly as it is lite even on slower network speeds. Especially while using 2G and 3G networks it takes time to load data, as Twitter Lite is not heavy it can easily load even on these networks quickly.
- Bookmarks: Twitter lite offers you an option to Bookmark your tweets for later viewing. In case you are running low on data you can always bookmark your tweets for later viewing when you have more data or a better internet connectivity.
- Push notifications: the latest feature introduced from today, Twitter Lite supports push notifications, Keeping you updated with what’s happening around the world.
- Night mode: Night mode or Dark Theme will give your eyes a soothing feeling when you view the Twitter Lite screen for easy reading even during the day.
- Threads: This feature was promised last year has been released now with Twitter Lite. Now you can easily create threads by adding a plus button in the composer, which will connect your thoughts and publish your threaded Tweets all at the same time.
Twitter will be investing more to make the user experience even more enjoyable across all platforms.